Monday, August 22, 2011

The Devil


Excerpt from the Book "The Way of the Divine Love" 
by Servant of God Sister Josefa Menendez

"My soul is tortured by frightful things suggested to my imagination by Satan. . . . I went up to the oratory of Our Lady in the Noviceship to implore her not to let me fall. She came, at once, very motherly and said:
" 'My daughter, I will give you a lesson of very great importance: the devil is like a mad dog, but he is chained, that is to say, his liberty is curtailed. He can, therefore, only seize and devour his prey if you venture too near him, and that is why his usual tactics are to make himself appear as a lamb. The soul does not realize this, and draws nearer and nearer, only to discover his malice when in his clutches. When he seems far away, do not relax your vigilance, child; his footsteps are padded and silent, that he may take you unawares.'
"She gave me her blessing and went away."

--- Words of Our Blessed Mother to Sister Josefa Menendez

Source: from the Book "The Way of the Divine Love"

0 comments:

Post a Comment