Wednesday, April 27, 2011

God's Abundant Answer to Prayer


   Years ago I lived in a small country town where i could never buy anything that would fit me. I used to send away occasionally to a large mail order house, and it would send me printed forms or order blanks. At the bottom of the order blanks were some such words as these, "If we do not have the article you ordered in stock, may we substitute?"
   Once I wrote, "yes," and the store sent me something that was worth double the price of the article i had ordered. I found that this particular firm made it a rule, if it could not supply the article ordered, to substitute one of a much better quality. Ever after that I printed it out boldly so they would understand it - "YES."
   When we pray to God, we had better put on the form that we are quite willing to let Him substitute. For every time He does, He sends us something far better than what we asked for, of thought we needed.

Source: from the Book 1000 Stories you can use (Volume Two) by Frank Mihalic, SVD *703

0 comments:

Post a Comment